Want to work for us?
Graduate Landscape Architect
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for someone who is a highly motivated team player, focused on attention to detail, with strong communication skills, a willingness to learn new skills, excellent horticultural knowledge and a good working knowledge of IT. The post is designed for either a Landscape graduate or recent postgraduate who is looking to work towards Chartership of the Landscape Institute. The successful candidate will gain experience in a multi-disciplinary office and will have the opportunity to work with a fully qualified Chartered Landscape Architect and our Town Planning and Architectural teams.
Training & Professional Development
We encourage our staff to develop their personal and professional skills. The successful candidate will be supported by an experienced mentor and will have the opportunity to be directly involved in a range of schemes and will be expected to undertake continued professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of concept design principles, sketch proposals and outline masterplans;
- Preparation of detailed hard and soft landscape schemes and documentation to support planning applications;
- Production of presentation materials and graphics to support the practice’s ambitions;
- Assist with consultation, site surveys, feasibility studies and landscape appraisals and assessments; and
- Support and advise other members of staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- Applicants should be educated to degree or postgraduate level in Landscape Architecture;
- Good presentation skills both verbal and graphic are essential as well as the ability to prepare technical and working drawings;
- Able to work on your own initiative with strong problem solving skills and possess a good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop and SketchUp. Experience of CS Artisan or Keyscape and Revit would be an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment;
- Excellent horticultural knowledge; and
- A passionate advocate of the value of design and placemaking.
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience, a comprehensive employment package, a friendly working environment and the opportunity to contribute to a growing family-run multi-disciplinary business which promotes a culture of social and healthy activity. The post will be based at our office in Helpringham, Lincolnshire close to the historic and vibrant City of Lincoln and the Lincolnshire Wolds Outstanding Area of Natural Beauty. Our office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and an early finish of 4.30pm on Fridays.
Candidates must have excellent verbal and written English and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
A flexible start date can be negotiated.
Please forward your CV and a showcase of your work, as well as a covering letter outlining how you meet the above criteria, why you wish to join the consultancy and what you are looking to achieve through a career in Landscape Architecture to firstname.lastname@example.org.